Please allow me to introduce to you, Mr. Stephen Anderson. In the realm of this industry (music), your ability gives you credibility. People seem to ignore you until you have a platform and they realize you “have the goods”. Afterward, you are recognized as the amiable person you always were. Sounds harsh, but it is the nature of the beast that is called ministry. Very few people have had their name ring in my ears about their character before I am made aware of their gifting. Stephen Anderson is one such man. To construct this review properly, we must begin by discussing the most important things about him.
Stephen is a Christian, not in the “I go to church” sense, but his stance for Christ drives him in every aspect of his life. He takes the role of “servant leader” seriously. Something that is seen so little nowadays. His favorite scripture…
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (KJV)
Based on the testimony of those that have worked with him (especially one Jason Grant), this sums him up perfectly.
Stephen is a family man. He has devoted more than 15 years to his beautiful wife, Dietta and through their marriage, two wonderful sons, Stephen Jr. and Shawn, were birthed. A husband, a father and yet he finds room for more.
Soul Harvest Ministries of Detroit Michigan is privileged to have him serve as their Assistant Pastor. There, he delivers the Word of God with passion and exemplifies true leadership. He loves them as much as they love him.
Typically, I feature Artists by making sure you know about their music. Stephen’s personal reputation precedes him so gracefully that I chose not to lead with that. Make no mistake, his musical resume is as impressive as his character.
- Elder Anderson is a sought-after songwriter, arranger, producer and vocalist.
- Stephen is featured in a number of roles on the project The Evolution II by Larry Callahan & Selected of God, which he worked on with Grammy Award-winner, Aspah Ward.
- He co-produced the 2011 Chrysler 200 Superbowl XLV commercial.
- Anderson also co-produced and appeared in the Emmy® Award winning, 2011/12 Chrysler Corporation Christmas commercial.
- As a producer, Stephen Anderson has 5 Independent Artist Projects under his belt. In addition to that, two of those artists are Nominees for The 2015 Rhythm of Gospel Award. His work has garnered a total of 13 nominations.
- Stephen Anderson, as an artist has been recognized by the Word Network and been entreated by the likes of Dorinda Clark-Cole and Vashawn Mitchell.
- Stephen, himself, is nominated for The 2015 Kingdom Image Award for Best Male Vocalist.
His nomination is certainly well-earned as he is preparing to release his sophomore project. If you missed his earlier work, here is a sample if his musical prowess:
“Conquer All” by Stephen Anderson
While his works in music are noteworthy, what continues to impress me is that none of them have changed who he is. It is so refreshing to meet an artist who is still grateful to be recognized without feeling entitled.
From a vocal standpoint, I was only about a minute and thirty seconds in before I found myself cringing at Stephen’s razor-sharp riffs and precision. He is the kind of singer who unassumingly displays his skill. When people say “you make it look easy” they are definitely talking about Stephen.
Readers, I urge you to vote for his artists to win the Rhythm of Gospel Awards and to vote for Stephen to win the Kingdom Image Award. I can guarantee that he is humbled by the mere nomination and would be blown away by winning. However great the accolades, I like Stephen Anderson because his life off the stage is his trophy and his moves on the stage are his ministry.
In music jargon, the term Function is defined as: The way in which chords, and individual tones within the chord, tend to imply movement toward another chord. Stephen’s goals in life and music indeed imply that he is moving toward a higher goal.
Enjoy Stephen Anderson’s musical gifting with these performances…then go and vote!